- Jul 08, 2017 · Donald Trump Jr. Met With Russian Lawyer After Being Promised ... son of President Donald Trump met ... had damaging information about Clinton, ...
- ... Trump son met Russian lawyer after promise of damaging info on Clinton. ... after being promised damaging information ... son met Russian lawyer... Donald Trump ...
- ... the 2016 campaign after being promised damaging information about Mrs Hillary Clinton, the New York Times ... son met Russian lawyer after promise of ...
NYT: Trump son met Russian lawyer after promise of damaging info on ClintonBy Olivia Beavers - 07/09/17 04:50 PM EDT 4,269Donald Trump Jr. met with a Russian lawyer with ties to the Kremlin during the 2016 presidential campaign, after being promised damaging information about Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton, The New York Times reported on Sunday.President Trump’s son attended the meeting with the expectation that he would receive compromising information about his father's opponent, three advisers to the White House briefed on the meeting and two other sources with knowledge of the matter told the Times.Then-Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and President Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner also attended the meeting with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya, which was recently disclosed after confidential government documents were described to the New York Times.Trump Jr. said in a statement to the paper on Sunday that he had met with Veselnitskaya at the request of an acquaintance and denied that he received any information on Clinton.A spokesman for the president’s lawyer told the Times that “the president was not aware of and did not attend the meeting.”Veselnitskaya told the Times in a Saturday statement that “nothing at all about the presidential campaign” was discussed. She “never acted on behalf of the Russian government," she said, and “never discussed any of these matters with any representative of the Russian government.”“After pleasantries were exchanged, the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms. Clinton,” Trump Jr. said in his statement. “Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”He said they then talked about American adoptions of Russian children.“It became clear to me that this was the true agenda all along and that the claims of potentially helpful information were a pretext for the meeting.” Trump Jr. told the paper.He also said in his statement to the Times that Kushner and Manafort attended the meeting at his request, and were not aware of the purpose of the meeting.The spokespeople and lawyers for Kushner and Manafort did not immediately respond to the newspaper’s requests for comment.Trump’s eldest son — who was working as a surrogate for the campaign at the time — met with the lawyer at Trump Tower in early June, two weeks after his father had clinched the Republican nomination.The U.S. intelligence community has determined that Russian hackers worked to sway the election in favor of Trump. Several congressional committees and the Department of Justice are probing Russia's interference in the 2016 contest and possible ties between the Trump campaign and Moscow.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Will Trump throw us into another Great Depression like the one Hoover put us into? (both Businessmen by the way)
- Why don't we hear more about what Geomagnetic Storms (often from the sun) do to technology on earth?
- Glastonbury Abbey-Wikipedia
- From the French Wikipedia which usually has more info on the Comte De Saint Germain since he was in France then
- Killer Robots Are Coming And These People Are Trying To Stop Them
- These countries want to ditch gas and diesel cars