What kind of culture and world do you want to exist 100 years from now?
Fox News does programs on how Christianity is under attack.
However, I don't agree with that point of view.
My point of view is believing in anything is under attack. Not just religions of every kind. Not just Christianity.
IN otherwords I just started thinking about where the present way things are going would wind up.
Where it winds up is (If you believe in anything other than proven science and law and the Constitution you won't be taken seriously by anyone).
Let me repeat that, "If you believe in anything other than Science and Law and the Constitution in the U.S. you eventually won't be taken serious by anyone (if I extrapolate where today's society is going or trying to go).
This is a problem because science is a type of religion too. So, to make science and law the basis is only changing one religion for another.
For example, I see science as a religion, Christianity as a religion, Islam as a religion, believing in evolution is a religion, being an atheist is a religion, and believing in the U.S. Constitution and Bill of Rights is a religion and even believing in laws is a religion. And beyond that believing in ANY religion or whatever you choose to believe in is your own personal religion.
If you see where I'm going with all this I think you might agree with me.
So, if society is going in the direction of ONLY believing in Science, Evolution and the Constitution and laws as the only acceptable religions and not taking any other point of view seriously then freedom of religion no longer exists in the United States at that point.
And the direction we are presently going is going to unravel the very principles this nation was founded upon. To eliminate any of the religions I'm talking about negates all of them at the same time.
Can you follow my logic. So, to only advocate Atheism negates all of them. To only advocate Christianity negates all of them. To only advocate the Constitution negates all of them. To only advocate evolution negates all of them.
Because the foundation of our Constitution and way of life must include all of them or it includes none of them.
This is why there is likely to be a very serious backlash against our present directions we are going as a nation. I'm not sure what form this will take but I see it coming within the next 20 to 50 years by a large enough group of people that we should get prepared for that (or not).
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
No comments:
Post a Comment