If I were to think about what the opposite of a vampire might be it would be an angel, or a really amazing being like Jesus or Saint Germain.
So, basically, a vampire is a direct perversion of "The Body and Blood of Christ".
It is one of the reasons why I find it difficult traveling down the slippery slope into "Twilight" and all the other slippery slope vague shows regarding who vampires are because they are all a rationalization.
It is sort of like saying, "Well. You can steal a little bit and it's okay." And it takes one away from principles of right and wrong.
Yes. I agree most of life is actually shades of grey but without strong principles you slide forever down a slippery slope and where do you actually wind up?
I find people who call themselves Atheists or agnostics often spend a lot of time watching these newer Vampire shows. I don't really completely understand what they are looking for. Maybe they are seeing humans as eccentric trained animals who have accidentally conditioned themselves into technology. Possibly that is what it is.
But, I personally don't live in that reality. I only observe it in other mostly younger people. So, I guess it is hard to say exactly what is going on with people doing this who tell me that they don't believe in God or religion.
Once when I was 18 or 19 I thought about whether I wanted to be alive if there was no God or meaning to life. I decided I would rather not live and realized I would kill myself if I believed God didn't exist.
So, since I believed in God about 90% at that point I decided that it was in my enlightened self interest to believe with the other 10% rather than off myself. I still think my logic helped keep me alive. What do you think?
To the best of my ability I write about my experience of the Universe Past, Present and Future
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Dolly Parton on English version of Wikipedia
- The natural Progression of AI killing more and more people (from my personal point of view)
- As of September 16th at around 6 am this is the most read article here at this blog
- Strait of Hormuz shut until Tehran's conditions met, Ghalibaf says
- Hunter charged with manslaughter in shooting of woman he mistook for a deer: Police
- Inside the bipartisan effort to stop the Big Bend border wall
- Russia’s New Favorite Jihadis: The Taliban
- When Thubten Told me stories like this about Drukpa Kunley he had me laughing on the floor
- This article is about the French Language but written mostly in English (The French call their language (Francais)
- Protesters form human chain at Kennedy Center amid Trump's threats to demolish it
No comments:
Post a Comment