Tuesday, May 24, 2016

1,065,000 plus visits to intuitivefred888

When intuitivefred888 reached 1 million I was pretty amazed but only a few years ago I was at 100,000 to 200,000 visits. So, around 2011 this blog really took off in readership and has remained so ever since.

If you have a blog you are going to gain and lose readers for a variety of reasons. But, most blogs operate mostly by word of mouth where like minded people share your address with friends.

If you want your blog to grow it cannot just be about you as the author and compiler of information.

You have to look at your statistics page if you are here at Blogger.com (Blogspot) to see what people like to read. So, for me, since I don't get paid for this I learned that if I share things that other people want to read too, then I'm happy and so are they and you have a going concern in your blog.

I'm functioning here at this blog as a completely non-profit venture so I can get away with sharing things that for profit blogs likely cannot very long.

My point of view is that I can share almost anything because I'm sharing with a worldwide audience of people with like minded interests worldwide.

However, if you are going to have a world wide blog that reaches around the world it also might be helpful to have Google Translate for people who don't read or speak English that well.

However, the problem with that is you cannot expect over about 70% accuracy in the translations either. 

So, in the end most of your readers are either going to be fluent in English or they are going to translate it themselves as they read it to other people in whatever country they are reading it in.

Thanks for visiting my blog around the world and have a Great Day!

No comments: