Thursday, May 10, 2018

I find it hard to separate Jason Bateman and Jerry O'Connell

Tonight watching the last episode of "The Big Bang Theory" this year I thought and my wife too that we were watching Jason Bateman but realized that probably wasn't right. So, googled it and found instead it was Jerry O'Connell instead. Also realized tonight it wasn't Jason Bateman in "Stand by Me" in the 1980s instead it was Jerry O'Connell. Also found out that Jason Bateman was in "Little House on the Prairie" and "Silver Spoons" which likely was how he got his start as a child actor.


Stand by Me (1986) - IMDb

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092005/
 Rating: 8.1/10 - ‎314,963 votes
Adventure .... Jerry O'Connell in Stand by Me (1986) Corey Feldman at an event for Stand by Me (1986) River Phoenix and Wil Wheaton at an event for Stand by Me (1986) ...

Stand by Me (film) - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_by_Me_(film)
Stand by Me is a 1986 American coming-of-age comedy-drama film directed by Rob Reiner and starring Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, and Jerry ...
Based on‎: ‎The Body‎; by ‎Stephen King
Production company‎: ‎Act III Productions
Produced by‎: ‎Bruce A. Evans‎; ‎Andrew Scheinman
Box office‎: ‎$52.3 million
The Body · ‎Bradley Gregg · ‎Marshall Bell · ‎Gary Riley

I actually lived the train track part of "Stand By Me" in Mt. Shasta down the trail to the railroad tracks from Shasta Springs all the way to "Moss Brae Falls" with my friends from 1953 "Summers" when I was 5 until I was 21 in 1969. Many many amazing experiences similar to what happened in "Stand By Me" so when I saw this movie in the same time period I grew up tears came to my eyes  it was so real for me. It was exactly how people were then in Oregon and Northern California from 1953 until 1969 when I turned 21 and went my own way out into the world and became a citizen of the World.

No comments: