Saturday, September 21, 2024

I had whooping cough and almost died at age 2 and so did my son

My parents were anti-vaxers in the 1950s when I was a child so in 1950 at 2 I got whooping cough and almost died but the angels came and saved me otherwise I would have died then.

My son also got whooping cough at age 2 in California and luckily he also survived this. After this my other two biological children I made sure were vaccinated against whooping cough so my two daughters never got whooping cough.

It was hard for me to overcome the anti-vax sentiment enough to vaccinate my son when he came along.

However, if there is only one vaccination that you give your babies after my experience it is the whooping cough vaccination you want them to have if you want them to stay alive and grow up.

No comments: