Thursday, September 5, 2024

I prefer not to drive through the SF BAy area unless I'm going there for some reason like to see someone or to fly out of SFO or San Jose:

 Why? 

As I have gotten older driving up through 101 or 680 80 to 505 to 5 to Mt. Shasta through all the traffic is a lot. One of the reasons I left Los Angeles in 1969  and after that in 1976 San Diego Area is that the traffic got too much for me there too. Now 50 years later San Francisco Traffic is too much unless I'm visiting someone there. So, usually I go over Pacheco pass to avoid all this. If you use the route I use now you have to leave early enough to avoid rush hour traffic through Stockton and Sacramento. But, during the weekdays when people are working if you can get there usually before 2 or 3 (through Sacramento) then usually you are okay.

But, if you can get to Sacramento and past there usually you are home free unless you find some traffic someplace like Redding depending upon the time of day. But, that usually isn't a problem. So, if you take the Pacheco Pass route through Santa Nella to Interstate 5 then up through Stockton and Sacramento just remember what I'm sharing here. 

:) This reminds me of a Saturday night bit about people in Malibu talking about the freeway names and how to get places. :)

People always are like that in Los Angeles especially because otherwise you never have a life because the traffic is so bad. 

Recently (I think very late July or early August It too us 7 hours to drive from Santa Barbara to Rancho Bernardo for example, which is crazy because on a good traffic day you might make it in 3 hours.

But, the very worst traffic day I have ever seen was when I drove on a Friday afternoon from San Francisco to Palm Springs to visit my son when he lived there. It took me 12 hours to get there when it should have taken only a maximum of 6.

Since then I usually try to never drive through ANY California traffic on a Friday because that can really be a disaster from about Noon Friday to Midnight near any larger city in the State.

This was the most exhausting traffic experience of my whole life.

No comments: