Sunday, July 26, 2026

But the hardest moment to go through was likely at Los Angeles International Airport

 We had flown down with my wife's father's ashes to bury the ashes with his parents in St. Louis where he had partly grown up (there and San Francisco) and he went to Stanford in the late 30s with President Kennedy and knew him there. (but he also knew Reagan as well when I first met my wife's father too. So, he was an interesting fellow on many different levels.

So, I'm in the airport and I have a cell phone (which were relatively new then) and I had a flip phone likely the star trek communicator look alike then that was actually a flip phone. And I answered the call and realized that the facility my mother was staying at for Senile dementia was calling me and my heart sank because she had been in a death rattle coma for a month already but i had to prioritize the living being my wife and young daughter then. So, they tell me my mother is gone and I had to tell them to put my mother on ice (to refrigerate her) which is actually a part of her belief system for at least 3 days before cremation so her spirit had a chance to leave the body).

So, I'm there learning my mother just died and it's not the place in the waiting room for takeoffs at Los Angeles international Airport to show emotion or break down and cry or something so I just bit my lip and told my wife my mother had just passed away after a death rattle coma of 1 month in this facility for senile Dementia patients.

Hopefully you never have to deal with senile dementia in your relatives because it is the worst thing I ever had to deal with in my life. I thought my Dad dying was the worst. No Watching your parent or relative slip away from you mentally and emotionally is the worst. That's the worst thing I ever had to deal with in my life.

 

No comments: