Friday, June 5, 2015

Who Am I?

If you have ever had a completely unexpected operation or health issue out of the blue it makes you question who you are often. So, I find myself asking myself this question almost every day now. And each day I get a slightly different answer in asking myself this question.

Am I the newborn baby born in Seattle in the mid 20th Century?

Am I the 3 or 4 year old looking at frog eggs in a pond and them reminding me of the whole Galaxy of life we live in with my five years older male cousin in Lake Forest Park in the Seattle Area?

Am I the 5 year old just given a new 24 inch bicycle, a Schwinn, in El Cajon that I needed a block of wood to get on to ride away on?

Am I the 10 year old with a new paper Route of the Glendale News Press in Glendale, California that I would deliver on my new Green Schwinn bike that is a single speed balloon tire bike with motorcycle risers on it?

Am I the 13 year old with a Hercules 10 speed bike riding to Woodrow Wilson Junior High School every day to school and once getting my gymn shoes caught in the front spokes of the bike and almost being hit by a car when my bike cartwheeled forward on a main street there?

Am I the 16 year old who passed my written test for my first driver's license with a 100% on it on the day I turned 16? OR Am I the boy who bought his first car one month after turning 16, a 1956 Ford Stationwagon that I named my "Surf Wagon" because I was a surfer in L.A. county then?

Am I all these people and more? The answer has to be: "YES"

I am all these many people I have been that often were very similar to each other through my life.

So, who Am I?

I am everyone I have been since I was conceived and born mid 20th century until now and still going forward into the future.

Often I thought of "The Future" as anything past 1973. Looking back on that and wondering why I realized it was because my first child, a son was born in 1974. So, anything after 1974 was his future that I was making happen for him, just like his son was born in 2014 and he is doing the same for his son now.

So, who Am I?

I am a son, a father, and a grandfather and life is good.

No comments: