Monday, October 3, 2016

California: 15 earthquakes today: 282 earthquakes in the past 7 days

  1. California normally has a few little earthquakes below 3.0 every single day in places like San Juan Batista or Coalinga or other places. However, the number of earthquakes right now this last week could be something bigger on the horizon which has people in California a little worried right now. Someone on TV said it is now predicted that there is an 85% chance of a big one in the next 10 years along the San Andreas Fault. However, I haven't seen a big one since the 1990s myself. The only one where I thought I was going to actually die was in was:

    1. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1971_San_Fernando_earthquake The 1971 San Fernando earthquake occurred in the early morning of February 9 in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains in southern California.
    2.  
    3. And the last really huge earthquake I think was the
    4. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Northridge_earthquake The 1994 Northridge earthquake occurred on January 17, at 4:30:55 a.m. PST and had its epicenter in Reseda, a neighborhood in the north-central San Fernando Valley region of Los Angeles, California.
    5.  
      1. http://www.dailynews.com/general-news/20160208/sylmar-san-fernando-earthquake-45-years-ago-tuesday-64-killed Feb 8, 2016 ... The 1971 San Fernando earthquake, also known as Sylmar earthquake, struck the San Fernando Valley near Sylmar at 6:00:55 a.m. PST on ...
      2.  
      3. The main reason I thought I was going to die in the 1971 Earthquake was because it was so strong for so long I thought it might be a nuclear blast because I was bouncing awake on the bed at 6 am or so and it was throwing my head against the wall. I couldn't walk it was that strong and pictures and things were flying around the room in the desert where I was. Terrifying stuff. Many people were injured in this quake or even died. I had only minor scrapes and minor wounds so I was okay mostly. I was 22 or 23 at the time and very resilient and usually healed up very quickly. 
        

     

     

    Most Recent Earthquakes Near California

    earthquake.usgs.gov
    Magnitude
    Location
    Time
    M3.02
    1 day ago
    M3.21
    2 days ago
    M3.52
    3 days ago
    M3.21
    4 days ago
    M3.04
    5 days ago
    M3.25
    5 days ago
    M3.07
    6 days ago
    M3.23
    6 days ago
  2. Today's Earthquakes in California, United States -...

    earthquaketrack.com/p/united-states/california/recent
    California, United States has had: (M1.5 or greater). 15 earthquakes today; 282 earthquakes in the past 7 days; 773 earthquakes in the past month; 7,414 ... 

    Recent Earthquakes Near California, United States 


No comments: