Tuesday, March 28, 2017

What do silverfish eat?

 I looked this up for my wife. We realized after all the rain this year there is an abundance of everything wild near where we live. For example, a very pregnant deer was out on our front lawn eating it along with the wild buttercups coming up as I looked out my bathroom window this afternoon. But, specifically, I was looking for what silverfish eat so we could better handle them if more showed up this bumper crop year for everything living int he forest where we live on the ocean.

this is a quote from Google when I asked the above question in the title.

"they are especially attracted to paper and damp clothing. Commonly found in stored boxes in garages and sheds. Silverfish feet on carbohydrates particularly sugars and starches. Cellulose, shampoos, glue in books, linen, silk and dead insects maybe food sources."

No comments: