Tuesday, March 28, 2017

As a Blogger you never really know what people are going to read at your site or what is going to go viral

When I started looking at my stats (statistics) pages from people viewing my site from all over the world I was very very surprised when I first did this. Because what I thought people would want to read was not exactly ever what they actually read. So, as a blogger it is unusual in this sense in your readers worldwide.

The first reason this is true is if you have an international site like mine they are not raised with your values. For example, As a Californian if ONLY Californians were visiting my site I likely could predict better what people would choose to read. But, since my blog is a worldwide site at times I'm clueless as to exactly what people are going to choose to read and beyond that I have no way to really predict what articles are going to go viral right off the charts either. Going viral happens when people recommend and article and then they recommend that article and on and on. The fastest article to gain readership I have ever seen at this site is this one a year or more ago now:
Though the following has a black background (this is aGoogle Chrome thing I don't really understand by the way, it likely will work if you click on it.

No comments: