Friday, March 24, 2017

Google Translate will also read things out loud for you

I was trying to find how to get Google Translate to read something for me in French. I couldn't find the microphone they mentioned. However, when I put French in the left block and pushed also french in the second block it converted the French to English and then when I pushed the second box to french as well I found at the bottom of the box several symbols one of which looks like a speaker symbol you often see to make a video louder for example. So, you will find this at the bottom of your translation. I clicked on the speaker symbol and sure enough it read to me in French the beginning of my book on Arcane and Saint Germain and Jonathan Flow and all the others in French which was wonderful to see, hear and to realize. Now I think I"ll try the same thing this time in English.

So, I translated the French back into English and since it had been originally translated from English to French there is appeared to be a flawless translation back into English back to the original. After listening to many paragraphs there spoken by the robot voice of a woman I realized people could not only translate things for people there but maybe also have the robot talk to people in their native language for people who could not read, for example. so, even people who might not read at all would still understand this robot translator when something was translated into their native language which seemed a godsend for people. In India in 1985 and 1986 I realized most people there then couldn't read because there was no public education and most people didn't have clothes good enough to go to the public schools there. So, someone educated could allow someone to hear or read vicariously something in their native language even if they cannot read at this google translate site.

  1. Google Translate

    translate.google.com/?hl=en&tab=wT
  2. Google Translate

    translate.google.com/
    Google's free service instantly translates words, phrases, and web pages between English and over 100 other languages.
  3. Translate by speech - Android - Google Translate Help

    support.google.com/translate/answer/6142468?co=GENIE...
    You can translate spoken words and phrases if your device has a microphone. In some languages, you'll hear the translation spoken aloud. Open the Translate ...

No comments: