Monday, August 13, 2018

The Best place to see the Meteor shower is away from a city lights and smoke

In the past, (but likely not this year) I would have recommended Horse Camp Sierra Club Lodge (or the top of Mt. Shasta or anywhere in between away from city lights and smoke as one of the best places to view the Meteor shower. They come by here every year around this time as a regular event. I'm not sure where they are from but I've always thought it was from a dust cloud from the explosion of the Planet Maldek from a nuclear war 65 million years ago which is now our asteroid belt out past Mars. But, then again it could be from some other astronomical configuration too.

I can remember a friend pointing this meteor shower out to me while camped up at Horse Camp in August as far back as 1969 when he was a student attending UCLA then.

No comments: