Sunday, August 26, 2018

amazing photo of the Hana Highway during the Hurricane

our crew sent us this picture from Hana Highway at the bridge at mile marker 17.
This is the Hana Highway. I told the story how in 1990 I almost lost my whole family during a storm on the Hana Highway. There isn't anyway really to judge from this photo just how deep this water is. however, where I was in 1990 it was only a miracle that saved us from being swept over the edge of a cliff and into the sea by over 2 feet of water going across the floorboards of our window van with my family on board and rocks hitting the sides of the tires and our rear wheels floating so I couldn't get traction. We survived by my having every member of my family jump up and down over the rear wheels in unison so we could survive this somehow. And this worked! Because before then my rear wheels were NOT touching the ground at all. The whole back end of the vehicle was starting to float over the cliff and into the sea. 

The above photo is a partial quote from:
https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/reports-hurricane-lane-batters-hawaii-with-life-threatening-flooding-dozens-of-landslides/70005881

No comments: