Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Looks like the Hirz fire jumped over the McCloud River near Shasta Lake

It isn't bad yet because there are only 2 red triangles that the satellite picks up as of now. I suppose it's possible if they have enough help to get it out. But, I have written before about how there are almost no bridges in this area which makes it more dangerous for fire engines to go over there because on a problem wind day there might be no escape from the fire because of the lack of roads and bridges to escape the fire. Here is what it looks like today:

https://mappingsupport.com/p2/gissurfer.php?center=40.635446%2C-122.509423&zoom=11&fire=CA%2CCarr

I did find one road for sure that has a bridge over the mcCloud River from Vollmers on Interestate 5 going east from there that travels all the way to 299 eventually. I'm thinking it's somewhere I'd like to explore with my 4 wheel drive truck at some point that I haven't been before in the area maybe in the fall or winter. I have friends who like to go  explore new places in the wilderness with me that we haven't been to before.

No comments: