Friday, August 10, 2018

When we are children we are all Called by God

But many of us aren't listening.

I was listening but thought to myself at the time: "This is way too much responsibility! I just want to be a child after all!"
And God sort of said:"I know you are listening to me. Don't pretend you can't hear me."

But, I pretended I couldn't hear him mostly because religion in general was so confusing I didn't know then how to separate God from religion yet. ANY religion.

So, finally God said basically, "Since you are listening and aren't answering I'm going to scare the hell out of you!" And he did and I almost died over the next 5 years time.

You might think because of this that God is cruel. That's not it.

What happened to all those children around me that weren't listening at all?

They are mostly dead now or committed suicide or Overdosed on drugs in the 1960s or 1970s or died in Viet Nam or died racing their cars in Street racers or you name it.

But, I'm still alive and kicking at age 70.

Why?

Because even though God literally scared the hell out of me, because I didn't want to die between 12 and 15 which I would have otherwise, I invited God to live in my body with me. I never became an alcoholic or drug addict, I never had to fight in Viet Nam (more people died over there my age than any other by the way: born in 1948) and I had an amazing life! Why?

Because when God called me after he almost killed me he took me under his wing, and when I invited him into my body he came and changed my life.

And over time I realized it was never about religion at all. God and religion aren't the same thing anyway. I suppose religion might be the languages God speaks to groups maybe. But, God taught me how to be with him my whole life.

There is a saying, "Many are called but few are chosen". My point of view is that God Calls us all but unless we choose God (not religion) we are all toast.

God is a direct experience way beyond any religion on earth. Understanding this is understanding everything.

By God's Grace

No comments: