Saturday, October 13, 2018

How to copy and paste a URL to make it easier to reach that site

Often when I'm blogging and quoting or compiling and adding commentary it is much easier to give you a URL which just means it is something like "dragonofcompassion.com" which is one of my other websites. The way to use this to get there is if you have a part at the top of your page that starts with "https://" etc.

At the top of most of your browsers there will be the name of your browser (like now I'm in Chrome composing this through an automatic HTML coder at blogger.com

But you might be in Explorer, or Safari or Firefox or whatever browser you either choose or the one loaded on your computer which if your computer is a MAC or a Macbook Pro like this one I'm one automatically generates Safari usually. However, Safari isn't for me the easiest browser to blog in even though it is good for many other things.

The two browsers (while working through a macbook Pro laptop like I use) are Firefox and Chrome). Though I prefer Firefox I have been running into problems with Firefox the last year or so. (Not sure really why) so I started using Chrome since I found it to be the 2nd best for blogging generally speaking even though for years I used Firefox. My biggest complaint against Chrome is when they put the black enclosure around word buttons and then once you put one down on a page you CANNOT type anything after that. One way around this I find is to type some and then go back and put the black box with a word button in it later so you can continue typing after that as a blogger.

So, anyway I had to go to Chrome just out of the practicality of continuing to blog at all effectively and efficiently. But, what I'm saying here is that I was forced to move to Chrome it wasn't by choice.

So, HOW TO COPY AND PASTE A URL to get there quicker.

IF you are in Chrome this is what I do:

Go up to where it says "Chrome" in the upper left corner of your screen. to the right it says "File" and next it says "Edit". Click on Edit. This drops a panel down of choices. Do you see the word "Copy" ?

Now, go to what you want to copy (anything) but in this case the URL and left click your mouse while going over it from the right or left with your cursor while holding it down. This should put a blue or purple line over it. While it is blue or another color (if it is grey often it won't work though).

Next go up to Copy and while the URL is blue or purple click copy. Now put your cursor on the same page or another window you have open and make sure the HTTPS section is blanked out before you do this which you can do by several methods the easiest to remember is simply put your cursor at the right edge of the previous URL and hold down your delete button until whatever is there is gone. Now  with your cursor in the place where the HTTPS:// usually is go up to your edit box to bring the panel down and then click paste. IF you have done all these steps properly the URL should magically appear there then hit your return key on your computer and you should go to that URL page online.

I also use this method as a blogger. For example, when I type or copy the title to whatever article it is I then make a copy of my title to put it also in the Label section as well. So, I have a title for my page and article and I have a label so it can be seen online various places beyond my webpage as well.


No comments: