Thursday, April 15, 2021

what?

I just spent about 1/2 hour composing a links page for my website for the 15th. However, when I saved it it disappeared. At first it appeared to be a template that was saved instead of what I had been working on but now there is no evidence anywhere of what I was working on. So, now even the template disappeared.

So, what does this mean? Hard to say when something happens like this because the cause could be anything including a surge in power in the servers serving Blogspot (blogger.com) which fried the memory as it was saved going into the server there. But, after working 1/2 hour or more on a Links page I think likely you won't see one today at least for April 15th for my website. 

Note: By the way I figured out how to speed creating a Links page in 1/2 hour rather than taking 3 or 4 hours time. One of the more recent tips would be that when you have an older links page just copy the lines of code that are the same into the places they need to be in the next day or week or months Links page of most read articles at your site. you use the edit function of copy and paste to do this if you are in Chrome and most browsers usually have this function available too once you learn how to use it. This reduces the amount of work you have to do when articles have some placement within your 10 to 20 article Links page on a daily, weekly or monthly basis at your site.So then,  you only have to fill in the Link text parts and the URLs to finish your links page and then title it.

No comments: