Friday, December 9, 2022

Do electric cars and trucks create less CO2 than Gas or diesel Vehicles?

I think it's actually difficult to really say, simply because you would have to consider the electric vehicle's effects on being engineered and created and then consider it's effects on the environment as to whether it was ecologically? disposed of or recycled.

It's true that likely you are using less energy driving an electric over a gas or diesel. From me, there is no argument there at all.

But, are you shortening your life and health riding in an electric vehicle? Likely you are. Are you harming your children and their future health riding in an electric vehicle. Likely you are.

However, if you are an airline pilot or steward or stewardess on an airplane every day you are also shortening your life and harming your health too.

And of course you might say to me all this is relative to what career or hobbies you have too.

But, for now at least, I won't own any electric vehicle or hybrid simply because I like being alive and still having relatively good health at 74. Also, when I was younger I was an electrician some of my life from age 10 or 12 summers with my Dad. So, I have had a lot of electrical exposure both being shocked a lot by 110 or 220 when we had to work "Hot" because circuits couldn't be turned off in businesses and some homes for various reasons.

So, for me, I likely know a whole lot more about what electricity can do that you do unless you are a science teacher or electrical engineer. I physically understand what electricity can do.

For example, You cannot wear gold rings or gold necklaces or anything metal when you are working as an electrician unless you want to lose fingers or die.

The easiest way to die as an electrician is to wear a metal necklace because these are almost always fatal if you get current even 110 through one of these and likely always fatal if you are hit on your necklace by 220, 440 or 480.

So, if you know someone new to learning the electrical trade make sure they know this before they lose a finger by having it burnt off  (for example a gold wedding ring will burn off your electrician husband or boyfriend's finger) by 110 volts or 220 or die by wearing a Gold Saint Christopher medal for example. 

No comments: