Thursday, June 27, 2024

Sorry. I was too sick to get involved in the Debate at all. I just had to concentrate on getting well

 The doctor said my symptoms are not the right ones for Covid so even though I took a Covid test yesterday I found that quite comforting. He put me on a 3 day course of Zithromax and i have always done quite well on this particular Anti-biotic always for at least 20 years or more now.

I was able to reduce my coughing enough to actually be able to sleep once again by 6 pm last night. However,  I had been coughing through the night for the previous 3 or 4 days before I finally realized I was in physical danger if I didn't drive back to the California Coast where my wife was so she could help nurse me back to help. She is angry with me that I got sick in Mt. Shasta but in some ways that doesn't make any sense to me at all. I told her she should still go up to mt. Shasta without me this weekend but she said she couldn't abandon me when I was this sick. 

I suppose the best way I can look at it is that I got to spend some of Sunday and all of Monday Tuesday and then I left at 4 am Wednesday morning to drive back the coast when I realized my health situation was becoming really serious. Then I slept from 1pm Wednesday to about noon this morning so you can see just how sick I got in the process of all of this. I was able to sleep finally by taking codeine Cough Syrup and Furosemide (Lasix) as a diuretic which finally allowed me to sleep after several days of not really sleeping at all.

It's really strange when going to a place you really love almost kills you (even if it is once).

I guess my general health is much more fragile lately in some ways. I know a part of it is I haven't seen my oldest biological Daughter because she lives in the Alps in Europe now with her husband so I haven't seen her since last fall sometime (maybe October likely of 2023). This is very hard for me because she is just too far to hop on a plane to go see without dealing (at some point) with Serious Jet lag. I would have to spend 1 to 3 months there nearby her likely to be okay with all of this. So, this is hard too. My youngest daughter also moved to Texas around November. She had been in Berlin going to a university there the previous year. But, in Texas she found a job that she likes and has pretty much settled in.

My oldest biological Son lives in Portland with his wife and son who is now 10 years old. So, you can see my dilemma as a father and grandfather visiting all these children. So, it's not anymore a matter of not being able to visit everyone it's a matter of staying alive while doing this. Going to Texas literally nearly killed me before I got back here because of the heat.

I can imagine how many people from Texas east who are over 50 or 60 years old would be dying in the heat right now (especially if they don't have air conditioning or can't afford to put it in. This is happening all over the world right now by the way in the Northern Hemisphere where it is warm this time of year.

It's good to be cool on the coast even if I would rather be in Mt. Shasta for the Walk Run, the old Time Parade and the Fireworks over Lake Siskiyou.

No comments: