Thursday, September 19, 2024

Writing

 Writing what I have written so far on "A Journey Through Time" has been one of the most interesting writing experiences for me so far. I'm finding that many people are writing books or short stories from their 60s through their 90s and this helps them a lot I think with their lives and understanding themselves and thew world around them better and I think it also helps all those younger when they read some of these books and short stories too.

It takes a lot to survive to be even where I am now at age 76. I think a lot of people don't have the stomach for it basically.

I think what is really hard is to make good enough decisions in your life to actually WANT to be alive after you are 40 or 50.

I was really lucky to become a father at 26 because I can see now becoming a father also made me a biological father twice more by the time I was in my late 40s and also made me a grandfather too. When you are a grandfather and happy to be one like myself it gives you the stamina to live on for your family and to be helpful to them always whenever you can. So, in this sense I found my calling in becoming a patriarch for my family. It wasn't that I set out to do this but it began with having my first child at 26. Otherwise there is a good chance I wouldn't have lived to be 30 because I like my father and uncles and grandfather on my father's side was always a physical risk taker. So, what calmed me down enough to stay alive was having my son at age 26.

Also, writing has helped keep me alive since I was 50 and was forced to retire because of a heart virus too.

By God's Grace

No comments: