I'm sitting under a beach umbrella at an outside table on our deck in our back yard at present. Little wispy clouds very flimsy so the sun can get through are slowly wafting by off the ocean.
It's presently about 2 pm here on the northern California Coast.
Here are some other temperatures inland from the northern California Coast:
Santa Nella 93 degrees going to 95
Sacramento 89 going to 93 degrees
Fresno 93 going to 97
Red Bluff presently 92 going to 96
Redding 94 going to 98 degrees
Mt. Shasta 81 going to 83 degrees
since most people on the coast where I live do not have Air Conditioning because you might need it only 1 day or a week a year often in August or September keeping a house cool is an interesting experience.
So, we do this by opening screened windows at night and often closing them during the day but the sun warms the house for some reason from 72 to 76 degrees at night lately even if it is only 60 to 65 outside for some reason. I think it is the sun hitting the lifetime Cement tiles on our roof.
Also, if your house is built strong enough you can put cement tiles on your roof and never have to be re-roofed again. However, periodically (every 10 or 20 years) you have to change the tar paper under the tiles to prevent leaks even though you don't have to ever change the tiles unless someone steps on them wrong.
I must admit I have broken a few tiles when I was up there by not standing perfectly on them. If you stand on the wrong parts of them you are going to break them. So, it's always a challenge going up on the roof for this reason. However, a lifetime Cement tile roof is a pretty awesome thing when you think about and never having to re-roof ever except for changing tar paper under the tiles every 10 to 20 years or so depending upon the weather where you live on earth.
No comments:
Post a Comment