We left at about noon from Portland after having a late breakfast and headed south to Mt. Shasta as my younger daughter has to move out of her San Francisco home by the end of the month and then prepare to move to Portland with her sister. So, I'm driving my younger daughter home mostly because she doesn't like to fly but also because I get to spend more time with her. This is the most time my two daughters and I have spent together in their whole lives without at least my wife or other people along. So, if you are almost 70 years old and a man who is their father and they are 21 and 28 years old just expect this might be both a good and a bad thing at once. (and it was). Because I have to change enough into the present to satisfy my daughters but they have to respect me enough for this whole thing to work at all. But, somehow we all love each other enough to try really hard and we wound up with a really amazing experience that reminded me a little of going to "Daddy Boot Camp" in some ways and in other ways "A Great Time with my girls" traveling in California and Oregon as far north as the Columbia River this time. IN other words these are not "Daddy's little Girls" anymore they are grown women both of them and I have to forge a healthy adult relationship with both of them to make this whole thing work right.
And as difficult as it was at times I think I was successful here in creating adult bonding with my daughters so they could rely not only on each other more but also upon me and I could also rely more on them to be there for me when it counts. And also to help them to rely upon each other in all sorts of situations too.
Because I just turned 69 what do I have left 10, 20 or 30 years at best? or more? So, they have to be okay without me around too if it comes to that.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Will Trump throw us into another Great Depression like the one Hoover put us into? (both Businessmen by the way)
- Killer Robots Are Coming And These People Are Trying To Stop Them
- Why don't we hear more about what Geomagnetic Storms (often from the sun) do to technology on earth?
- Glastonbury Abbey-Wikipedia
- From the French Wikipedia which usually has more info on the Comte De Saint Germain since he was in France then
- These countries want to ditch gas and diesel cars