Tuesday, July 18, 2017

We are the ONLY developed nation that doesn't have health care for everyone who is a citizen

So, Obamacare, as stone age as it tends to be without Republican support is the only thing that separates our nation from 3rd world nations right now.

If you are rich you can get the best health care likely on earth here in the U.S. But, if you are poor without insurance you are perfectly free to die. I gave 20 dollars to a beggar, a young woman at the side of the road today. She looked like she had leprosy because parts of her fingers were gone. I knew not to touch her at all (and so did she) when she took the money from my hand. I was horrified our nation, our state and our government isn't helping her somehow. I had seen this in India with fingers eaten away from leprosy. She might have had something else, I don't know. But, I know no one would hire her in her condition. Why was she on the street? You likely wouldn't see this in a citizen in ANY developed nation on earth but the U.S.

How ashamed should we all be?

I believe she was in Redding or Anderson by the way.

No comments: