Tuesday, December 18, 2018

1985 and 1986

Though I started meeting  my first Tibetan Lama in 1980 when I was initiated for the first time into Tibetan Buddhism in  Ashland Oregon, it wasn't until 1983 when I met many lamas in California and Oregon. Since I am an intuitive I knew when I met Tulkus that often they were the real thing (in other words often when you were around them time and space would alter in a good way preventing injuries, maimings and deaths). So, I always knew because of being an intuitive when time and space would alter like this (including changes to my own life and the life of my family). IF you are an intuitive around Christian situations you can also notice when people are healed and lives are saved too. And this happens in all religions when people are saved and healed as well.

So, when one of the Tibetan Dieties came to me in October 1985 at my fire lookout job on top of a mountain in Central California I was told to leave for India on December 10th. The actual date we wound up leaving was December 11th in the U.S. So, I realized that I needed to go if the way was cleared for me to go. What actually happened is my wife and children went too. My older children are now in their 40s.

Meeting Tibetan people and Lamas and Anis plural for (Tibetan Female monks) and also Tibetan male Monks(I'm not sure the name for male monks). A singular female Tibetan Buddhist monk would be called an Ani which would be like a Nun sort of (depending upon the lineage rules for Anis). There are Gelukpas, Ningmas, Kagyus and Sakyas lineages and there are other dilineations that I might not understand as well.

But, I found Tibetan people and Nepali people incredibly precious but also sometimes naive because of growing up away from western civilization. It was sort of like they were from another planet. But, I found I loved them all because of their devotion to compassion and to the Dalai Lama and Guatama Buddha.

So, that is how I would describe almost all Tibetans I met: Precious and kind and a little naive sometimes. But then again this was 1985 not now. Everything has changed now over there and conditions for Tibetans generally are much much worse in Tibet than now.

I didn't go into Tibet but was within a few miles of Tibet at times in the Himalayas in Nepal and I also went to Kathmandu in Nepal and to Dharamshala in India which is at 6000 feet about in the foothills of the Himalayan mountains in Himachal Pradesh state or province in India.

So, my job at the lookout ends in late October usually and starts usually in May so we went to India on December 11th 1985 and returned in April (my family and I) from Japan, Thailand, India and Nepal in April 1986. We all went through very profound changes in all our lives during this time.

Tashi Delek! which means Good Luck in Tibetan.

Web results

Dharamshala (also spelled Dharamsala) is the district headquarters of Kangra district in India. It was formerly known as Bhagsu. The Dalai Lama's residence ...

No comments: