Friday, March 13, 2009

Ye are Gods

My parents were mystical Christians and because of this they emphasized two statements to me as a preschooler and child. They were "Ye Are Gods!" and "Even greater things than these shall ye do!"

Many mystical and transcendental Christians have looked at these two statements by Jesus as two of the most liberating statements just like, "I am the Resurrection and the Life!" In fact since my parents believed that literally since that when Moses asked God what his name was on the mountain and that since God said, "I am that I am" in whatever language God and Moses were speaking at that time. (I'm not sure whether Moses was speaking Egyptian or Hebrew or another localized language when he spoke to God at that time). However, the translation came to in English "I am that I am"

So, my parents literally believed that when one says "I am" that that statement is God speaking through any person that says it. Therefore, it is not good to say "I am" and then something negative or else one is guilty of black magic and taking the lords name in vain.

yo soy -spanish
Je suis-French
I am- English

So, I guess if you say "I am" in any language you are speaking the literal name of God. For any being that can say "I am" in any language IS God!

No comments: