Thursday, March 12, 2009

Kindness

When people explode in rage and anger like the man in Alabama and the man in Germany we all wonder how these two got to this completely out of control place. Was it diet, was it not thinking the right thoughts, was it abuse by others? It's hard to say. Most likely it was a combination of factors including health problems and others.

The Tibetans have a saying that I like, "Be kind to all beings because friends become enemies and enemies become friends."

Having lived 60 years now I've seen this sort of thing in action. Especially after having been married to three women(one at a time) for about 33 years total of marriage I have seen this saying in action. Believe me. People change and sometimes it is all one can do to try to keep it together and try to remain calm in incredibly trying circumstances.

When I look back on my life I have been incredibly lucky. Obviously, these two men that killed all those people haven't been as lucky as you and I or they would still be alive and all those people and destroyed families would be alive and together still.

Always remember to be kind to yourself and others. One never knows when one will face something that one is unable to cope with. Especially these days.

So, in the mean time be kind to yourself and ALL beings because friends become enemies and enemies become friends. It is very strange to have to tell you this saying is absolutely true and why it is necessary to be kind and to show respect to yourself and all beings. You never know what kindness or respect will save your life or the life of your family, especially these days.

I pray this a lot and it gives me great peace:

May all beings attain bliss and the cause of bliss
May all beings be free of suffering and the cause of suffering
May all beings never be without the supreme bliss that is free
from all near and far all grasping and aversion.

Blessings to you and to all beings in the universe

No comments: