He also alerted 3 senior aids to Obama that..... intelligence captured Putin's specific instructions on the operation's audacious objectives--defeat or at least damage the Democratic Nominee, Hillary Clinton, and help elect her opponent, Donald Trump.
... that CIA director John Brennan kept it out of the President's Daily Brief... to guard against leaks, subsequent meetings in the Situation Room folowed the same protocols as planning sessions for the Osama Bin Laden raid.
For months Obama struggled to find an appropriate response only to settle on modest sanctions.
All the above appear to be quotes from the Washington Post on Hardball with Chris Matthews Saturday June 24th 2017.
When I wrote about how a cyber war would destroy the U.S. in the counter attack from anywhere like Russia or China, it doesn't mean that we wouldn't devastate Russia or China in many ways first. However, a country like China or the U.S. would be economically destroyed in any major Cyber attack. Only Russia could survive something like this because they are in some ways technologically still in the 1940s and 1950s in many ways across Russia except in places like Moscow which might be more like New York or Paris in regard to the Internet.
So, outside of sanctions the U.S. has no useful weapons against what Russia is doing. And the more sanctions we put on Russia the more likely they will increase their cyber attacks until some breaking point into something else.
So, I'm not sure where all this ends up except maybe in the end of the Internet in the Western world as a defense against Russia?
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Opinion: I ditched Facebook in 2013, and it's been fine-CNN
- Autonomous car (redirect from Self-driving car): Wikipedia
- China's Xi affirms friendship with North Korean leader, gets denuclearization pledge
- Self driving Uber car kills Arizona Pedestrian
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- vehicular automation in Aircraft
- There is evidence offered by the Environmental Health Trust to suggest that women who keep a cellular phone in their bra may develop breast cancer
- Wessex EVENTUALLY ENGULFED MERCIA IT SEEMS