Monday, June 19, 2023

A friend said it snowed above 5000 or 6000 feet on Mt. Shasta Today: June 19th?

Two days ago my friend put on skis with skins for going uphill and went up to 10,000 feet on Mt. Shasta and above Horse Camp which is at Tree line. He sent a video to me of him skiing down that he took with his Iphone.

Today I also drove south from Mt. Shasta because I was up there for a short trip because my wife and I have to go to southern California for her 50th High School Reunion. I'm 75 so this year would have likely been my 57th High school reunion if I went to it.

So, it was a beautiful day but cold last night in Mt. Shasta. It got down to 39 or 40 degrees last night so I had to actually close my screen window in my hotel room last night. I got up around 9 am and took my medicines and got a breakfast to go and some coffee and soon I was down to Redding where it was 72 to 75 degrees driving south from there. Meanwhile it was raining in the city of Mt. Shasta and snowing above 5000 feet.

Mt. Bachelor in Oregon got hit by the same snow storm and got a lot of snow I hear too.

Driving south once again I have never seen all the trees from pine to Cedar to Fir trees to oak trees so green as they are this year (and this is even if I go back all the way to 1952 when I was 4 years old when we moved from Seattle to San Diego.

And the strange thing is that temperatures are still 10 to 20 degrees below normal. IN fact inland cities around San Francisco and San Jose have not had temperatures above 90 degrees even this late in June which is beyond unusual it is basically unheard of.

No comments: