Saturday, June 17, 2023

Drove to MT. SHASTA on Friday

 It had been foggy where I live on the coast with temperatures mostly under 60 down to 50 since around May first. So, I drove inland to where it's sunny on Thursday with my Dog just to see the sun. She loved seeing the sun too so it was good for both of us. I also realized that I'm over the bronchitis enough to drive to Mt. Shasta and deal with the 3500 feet of altitude there. So, Friday I headed out about 10 AM and arrived about 6 pm. The traffic from Stockton to Sacramento was pretty bad because it was Friday but as soon as I got north of the Sacramento Airport the traffic started to die down again. 

What was amazing to me is that all the trees now from Santa Barbara to Mt. Shasta are greener than I can ever remember them being in my lifetime back into the 1950s (I came to California from Seattle in 1952). 

So, I was pretty amazed at just how green and alive all the trees were of every description.

Amazing Trip. Today was about 83 in Mt. Shasta and yesterday it was 100 degrees passing through Redding to Mt. Shasta on Interstate 5.

No comments: