Tuesday, June 20, 2023

College is mostly about learning to formulate useful questions for your own survival and humanity's survival here on earth and beyond

 If you were to ask me what is important about college I defined it in the title of this article.

Why is this?

Learning Critical thinking is the basis of human survival everywhere. It isn't idealism necessarily that will save you even though you might teach your kids to be idealistic. However, doing this both helps them and harms their survival simultaneously.

I found that my father and my Grandfathers' pragmatism scared me always growing up.

However, I also found as a 20 something and beyond that if you want to have a family (Spouse and kids) that if you are not supremely pragmatic they will not survive very well if at all.

So, the very thing that scared me the most about my father and grandfather turned out to be the very thing that has kept my family alive since I first got married in the spring of 1974.

So, the importance of college is actually teaching people to be pragmatic and teaching people to formulate useful questions because after all we have 8 billion people to answer those questions right now.

If you can formulate the right questions it could mean that the human race doesn't go extinct during the next few centuries.

No comments: