Friday, June 23, 2023

More Regarding "The Recruit" on Netflix

 I find myself mesmerized by this show. I'm watching the first season for the 3rd time because the lead male character reminds me of myself a lot between the ages of 18 and 25 where I too had "More balls than Brains". So, I find watching this series therapeutic. I didn't want people to shoot at me so I never would have been a lawyer or work for the CIA because that wouldn't be the direction I would go in life. However, I have always been very patriotic because I was taught to be this way but mostly the way I show it is by voting for the best candidate for our Democracy in a Republic. I don't vote who might be best for me but rather who would be best for our Constitutional Democracy here in the U.S. instead. So, I put the survival of our country likely over my own personal survival (at least when I vote).

However, the lead in "The Recruit" reminds me of the crazy risk taking that I also did in my early twenties which is sort of "Self Destructive" too. So, watching this series (now for the 3rd time) I found very therapeutic in understanding who I used to be from 18 to 25 once again.

It's true the world has changed and changed and changed since I was 20 in 1968 this is true. However, trying to understand myself at that time I find very helpful now in my life now that I'm 75. And watching this (in it's own strange way) I find very cathartic and healing to my sensibilities now.

By God's Grace

No comments: