Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Friends in the 1970s

 He was telling me about studying Kriya Yoga in Los Angeles likely at Lake Shrine in the 1960s and 1970s. What he told me was that after doing Kriya Yoga for about 12 years he finally could see the Violet Sacred Flame. I found this very interesting after my experiences growing up and being taught about the Violet Consuming Sacred Fire that burns up negative karma and being trained how to use this from about age 2 onward.

I can remember one funny story at the "I AM" Temple in Los Angeles on Hope street when I was about 6 years old and the Sunday school teacher was trying to give us the concept of the Violet Consuming Flame and how important it was to our lives and our families lives and just even for staying alive and healthy.

She bought violet clear see through plastic about 3 to 4 feet tall which she put around us each and taught us to invoke God's Violet Sacred Fire around us. I remember being age 6 and thinking this was stupid at the time and so I escaped and ran into the bathroom and wouldn't come out. My sunday school teacher was a lady and so couldn't go into the men's bathroom at the church. So, she sent her son in who was about 8 or 9 years old to make me come out. I told him he wasn't going to get me out of there. And so I said you cannot force me to do this. But, at the same time we started becoming friends talking about how ridiculous it was to have this violet plastic all around us. However, this same boy was from a wealthy family and later on he was instrumental in me going to college and he taught me about how important philosophy is and he also had a great sense of humor and told me jokes. So, as I grew older like to about age 10 often we would take off when some big church function was happening and walk somewhere nearby and buy Candy or visit a local Car dealership. I can remember around age 10 or 12 I had memorized every make and model of every American car made in the U.S. because I really wanted to be driving a car. So, when I was about 12 and grew from 5 foot 2 to 5 foot 10 by age 13 and looked like I was 18 or so my father let me drive over mountain roads out into the desert because there wasn't much traffic then driving out to the desert through Antelope Valley over the Angeles Crest Highway then in 1960.

So, this same friend that was supposed to drag me out of the men's bathroom kicking and screaming didn't do that and this began our friendship until he died in 2006 from a heart condition when he was about 62 years old. He was also one of my two best men at my wedding in Yosemite National Park then in 1995. So, it's funny how you make and keep friends often for a whole lifetime. But, by the time we both were adults we saw the full value of the Violet Sacred Fire because it changed our lives in a good way ongoing.

By God's Grace

No comments: