Thursday, September 21, 2023

I have been able to carry the basic "Inner Peace" from the wilderness experience with my wife and family for 5 years between 1980 and 1985

It's true that many or most people might not be able to do what I did. But, I was able to do this for a variety of reasons. Most of all I give Credit to God, to my parents, to my friends, to having gone to College as much as I did and studying Computer Science, then Philosophy and then Psychology and finally anthropology by the time I was 42 years old. So, all these things led to my being able to have this amazing experience of building an A-Frame home in the wilderness on 2 1/2 acres of land my wife and I bought then in 1980. 

Then studying with Native American Medicine men and women and Tibetan Lamas starting around 1980 also helped all this become possible too. Then after all this after my father passed away the summer of 1985 I also traveled to Japan, Thailand, Nepal and India for about 4 months with my wife and then 3 children (my son and two step children). So, through this experience all 5 of us became literally(citizens of planet earth) whereas many people are so provincial that they are afraid (worldwide) to go more than 10 to 25 miles from where they were born. I got to appreciate more fully this way of thinking when I was in especially Nepal and then met people where their family had lived in the same place literally for thousands of years (which is much different than how people in the U.S. tend to think) especially in California where I mostly grew up.

So, because I spent these 5 years studying with Medicine men and women and Tibetan Lamas including in India and Nepal it changed me a lot in how I perceived reality on many different levels.

So, from all this I was able to keep that "Inner Peace" with me everywhere I went ever since mostly by praying and eating good organic foods mostly and living in beautiful places always ever since around 1980.

By God's Grace

No comments: