Thursday, September 21, 2023

How I started to find peace in my life

I was trying to move to Mt. Shasta and moved there in 1976 with my first wife and baby son. I had realized living in the City (any city) but the Los Angeles area where you can literally drive for 100 miles of continuous cities with bumper to bumper traffic often was making me kind of crazy from the frustration of this life. So, first I moved in 1969 to where my parents moved to which was San Diego County which was very undeveloped compared to now where now from about Temecula or Escondido south is one big city never ending in some ways. Now there are about 25 million people between San Diego County up through Los Angeles County and likely you should include places like Santa Barbara even in this 25 million people even though it is kind of it's own thing and a beginning of the rolling hills that travel north from there to San Luis Obispo and Paso Robles which is mostly farms and wine growers, and ranches of various kinds.

However, I had always been very tuned into Mt. Shasta and this was where my heart drew me away from all the hustle and bustle of the big city to a slower life with pure air and pure water and wide open spaces and then in 1980 relatively inexpensive but still beautiful untouched land. So, when I first bought land at least 10 miles from the nearest Gas station up a dirt road several miles at 4000 feet I began to feel at peace then finally home schooling my children. This life healed me in many ways and is one of the many reasons I'm still alive today.

I remember driving out of the wilderness where we owned 2 1/2 acres of land down to Vacaville and onto the SF BAy area on business one day and found myself laughing at people rushing about in Vacaville because I hadn't really been out of the wilderness much in about 2 months. This gives you a completely different perspective and how self destructive people are when in their little hamster wheels furiously running and getting nowhere really at all.

Seeing this was one of the big insights in my life at how counterproductive American city life is to the soul of the people. And how we are fooled into becoming slaves to the system around us which only really destroys us a little very day. It destroys our mental and physical and emotional and spiritual health.

When I study about the ancient Philosophers and teachers and wise men, often they went into the wilderness during wars and came up with ways to heal mankind in various ways. So, whether they were Confucius or Lao Tzu or Buddha or Jesus or Krishna, or whoever. They all often went away from the masses to become realized and enlightened.

So, for me, building my own home in the wilderness and home schooling my children was my way of getting away from it all and finding inner peace. It was during this time when I started writing about Arcane. However, back then I believed I was writing healing therapeutic Science Fiction. however, by 1998 and 1999 while preparing for my death from a heart virus for 9 months after having been forced to retire to stay alive, I realized that what I actually had been writing was my past and future and present lifetimes on various planets and time periods here on earth. When I realized this I realized just how important it would be for mankind (those interested) to read of my past, present and future lifetimes written in a Legendary style of writing.

By God's Grace 

No comments: