Tuesday, September 26, 2023

How useful is it to be intuitive?

Well. often it is a matter of life or death.

Developing one's intuitive gifts can mean a long life, Good health and a relatively healthy family.

So, being commonsensical whle also listening to your intuitions is one of the keys to a long and healthy life.

However, just because you are intuitive might not mean you can properly interpret what you are experiencing.

For example, before the Loma Prieta Earthquake I knew it was coming. At first I thought it would be a nuclear blast. But then, I remembered the 1971  February 9th quake where I thought a nuclear blast had occurred but it was really an earthquake but it took me about a minute to realize which it really was while glass things fell of walls and broke on the floor so being barefoot like one often is in bed became a problem because when the quake stopped you had to go find shoes or slippers and put them on quickly so your feet didn't get bloodied from broken glass everywhere.

But, the main point here is that I realized when I saw the quake coming I realized that the likelihood that it was a quake was likely about 100 times greater than it being a nuclear blast. Why? Because quakes happen all the time in California and when was the last nuclear blast in California? That's right! There hasn't even been one.

So, this is how i logically came to the realization that this likely was a quake coming. 

But then, I decided to go to Hawaii and watch it on TV with my family. Was this a good idea? In retrospect I wonder about all this.

Because yes a really big quake was coming that severely damaged the area and brought down many homes and threw other homes off their foundations. However, was taking my family to Maui to Hana a good idea in retrospect and watching the quake live on CNN?

At this point the 1989 Quake is a long time ago. One of my daughters was born that year in fact. So, my daughter was less than one year old when we took her and two of our other children to Hawaii to ride out the quake.

The point here being we all survived this quake. But, could we have survived the quake if we had stayed in California? Probably. Did we have the right information but over react? Possibly.

So, really being incredibly intuitive might be a good thing. But, can you properly interpret what to do with your information even if it is correct?

My point of view is that intuition is a God Given Gift  that we all have. Some of us develop these gifts more than others. But, fully being a master of a gift like this is beyond most people. However, it is how tribes of people survived earthquakes, floods, tornados hurricanes, etc. for thousands and thousands of years.

So, without our instincts and intuitions we would have all gone extinct thousands of years ago already.

This might be the most important thing to say here.

 

No comments: