Wednesday, September 27, 2023

The real problem with the Two Parent privilege idea is that most men at least aren't ready for this until their 30s

I can remember when I married at age 26 and had a son. I wasn't fully ready for this responsibility and I had to grow into being ready for this responsibility and my wife then was only 21 and this was very hard for her too. As a result by age 29 I was a single parent raising my son alone. Luckily, my parents helped me raise my son until I remarried at age 32. But, you see the problem here I'm trying to outline for you is that men often are not ready to face the full responsibility of marriage and family and some never will be because of PTSD whether from medical PTSD or military PTSD. So, the world is a very hard place for men to be stable enough to be a good parent AND a good provider too. But, this isn't something that is news to almost any of you out there.

Though women have more power than they used to on one level it has destroyed many mens sense of who they are or who they will be which has just made things worse for creating men who actually will be good fathers and husbands. So, this problem is getting worse and worse by the day because men have been so harmed by many of the changes regarding women's rights. I think it has led to so many unrealistic expectations of women regarding men that it has destroyed men's concept of who they are completely. So, men are left with basically lying to women or to avoid them entirely to have even temporary relationships with women be successful. And I think this is only going to get worse with time. I'm very grateful I'm not growing up now with so much identity confusion going on both in men and women. It was bad enough for me growing up in the 1950s and 1960s but now it is 10 or 100 times worse for everyone.

I think it might take 500 years or more if ever to balance all these things out in a real way that is actually workable at all right now.

And for now it is the children that result from temporary relationships who will suffer the most long term.

No comments: