Saturday, September 30, 2023

"If you are prepared to die right now you just might live forever"

I was thinking about this statement today and it is sort of like a Zen Koan in that it might be a useful thing to meditate on. Because if you are so afraid of dying that you cannot live then a statement like this is sort of life or death for you to understand more fully.

I can remember being terrified of dying from whooping cough and then seizures caused by a concussion. I believed at the time that God was trying to kill me when I was 10 years old and I was terrified. But then, over time I realized this wasn't what was happening at all. God was "bringing me into his fold" so to speak. Because I had been born with many powerful spiritual gifts he just wanted to make sure I was using them in a good way for all life on earth. Once I realized this I was okay with everything and I invited God to live Forever in my body with me here on earth. Though I wouldn't recommend this for everyone for a variety of reasons it worked for me to keep me alive and to keep me being a blessing to all beings on earth.

But, if you meditate on this statement: "If you are prepared to die right now you might live forever" it might be helpful to you in actually living every moment you have left here on earth.

By God's Grace

No comments: