Saturday, November 25, 2023

How to Write to begin to heal your traumas you have faced in your life

 I wouldn't recommend letting other people read what you write at first.

But, to begin healing your traumas in your life one way is to write about someone else having been traumatized in the way or ways you were and finding maybe a better solution than you could at the time.

In other words you want to empower yourself in some way to overcome obstacles. By writing about someone else overcoming obstacles it isn't as personal or as dangerous as writing about yourself.

So, you create a character that you can relate to and then you have them face some things that might not have worked out for you at the time. By doing this sometimes you can begin to understand what happened to you, especially if you were a child or teenager or even a young adult and didn't have all the skills developed for survival that you do now.

However, for some of you this might get tricky, especially regarding rape and murder and torture in your life. I'm not sure I would recommend dealing with problems like this in this way.

But, the point is you re-parent yourself (you become your own parent in your mind and heart) and by doing this you help your inner child to grow up and face all the things you need to face, not out of terror or confusion but by actually having some sort of plan of action that you can think up as a full adult now. Because when you were traumatized you might have been young and didn't know what to do with what was happening to you.

 This worked for me and it could also work for you. However, it is also true that I studied for several years to be a psychologist before my son was born and had to go to work to support my wife and son instead. However, I learned enough to heal myself a lot of traumas by a healing style of writing I started developing in Mt. Shasta in 1980.

No comments: