Friday, November 24, 2023

U.S. Colleges and Universities are becoming more "Fragile" because of Israeli and Palestinian demonstrators

This is made even worse by rightists and leftists having different points of view. Both extremes are also fighting each other and threatening each other's lives. So, trying to keep the Palestinian supporters and Israeli supporters from killing each other on campuses worldwide is no small feat.

During the Viet Nam war mostly it was the police killing and maiming Leftists activists on campuses for demonstrating against the Viet Nam war. So, there wasn't so much the leftists who were against the war killing the rightists who were for the war, it was the police and National guards killing leftist demonstrators on campuses and elsewhere. Because at least in the U.S. then leftists on college campuses for the most part were not violent it was the police more that were violent and sometimes the National Guard when all the students were shot at Kent State by American Soldiers.

I was never a demonstrator myself regarding the Viet Nam War mostly because I was very patriotic the way I was raised and so if I had been drafted I likely would have gone to war for my family and possibly died over there (except it's also true I tend to be a survivor).

But, I did experience this hatred by the police against people with long hair at one point. This is what I experienced. I was at Griffith park in Los Angeles for a free concert with Buffy Saint Marie (a folk singer) and "The flying Burrito Brothers (who under another band name were famous for (when you come home to San Francisco better wear some flowers in your hair" and when the free concert was over the police had surrounded the place and anyone who couldn't run was beaten up with night sticks. So, this hatred of the police of college students and anyone with long hair at the time was extreme.

I was okay and could run so I wasn't beaten with a night stick bloody and senseless but many people there were not as lucky and were in no shape to run and might not have survived that day for a variety of reasons.

So, this isn't the first time that there have been battles on college campuses of people killing each other. the main difference now is that it is rightists and leftists killing each other that are mostly  students. So, this is a very big problem that could get worse and worse to the point where colleges and universities might have to be closed in the U.S. or around the world.

So, it is my hope that now there is some hope from hostages being released out of Gaza that this terrible place all college campuses are worldwide can change and heal somehow to something better.

No comments: