Monday, November 27, 2023

“If you want to live forever you may die right now but if you are ready to die right now you may live forever.” Zen like Koan

Note: However, this does not mean that you stop valuing life. On the contrary it often means that you cherish life in all of it's forms even more. What it does do is to take away the fear of death when you get into this state of mind. I suppose it is the state of mind of many soldiers in order to stay focused enough in battle to succeed. But, this same state of mind is also what tends to keep you alive longer and longer too if that is what you want. end note.

begin partial quote from:

http://dragonofcompassion.com/memories_part_8_and_9

Note from native earthling: At 17 years of age, I realized the biggest barrier to living hundreds or thousands of years was psychological and so I programmed my mind and emotions that it is very possible and probable to never die. Now whether I live hundreds or thousands of years the first barrier is already overcome. Having lived 50+ years now I’m beginning to surmount the next barriers. One of my teachers gave me a zen-like Koan concerning this. I find it quite useful. 

 

“If you want to live forever you may die right now but if you are ready to die right now you may live forever.” 

 

In being prepared for death any moment one is then free to live or die at any moment. In always being prepared one is ready for any outcome at any time. Some call this the stance of the Warrior. However, I see this stance as the way of the ones who surmount all obstacles for the benefit of all their people and all life everywhere! 

 

“Wow!” Thought Arcane.” This is some heady stuff for any being to digest. “

No comments: