Friday, September 20, 2024

Writing

Learning to express yourself through writing or music or art or even though exercise like shooting hoops in Basketball (even if you are alone doing this) or playing tennis (I had a backboard at my local high school so I could play tennis by myself by hitting the tennis ball into the backboard on a tennis court. Also, people can set up a ping pong table to do this too so one person can play as well.

When I was 8 years old since my cousin was 5 years older than me in 1956 He played piano and violin already so my parents got me a piano that was given to them by people in their church (an upright) and I began taking piano lessons with MRS. Hall who was my cousins piano teacher too.

I was okay with this because I was always musical like my mother who was a coloratura Soprano who had a really amazing voice. So, she sang in church a lot because of this.

Later when I was 9 I started learning to play the violin. But, I only took this from about age 9 to 14 because it wasn't really my instrument. Part of the reason was my hands were too big and there were no frets like on a guitar. Then as a teenager I taught myself to play the guitar and flute both electric Guitar and acoustic. I found I could basically learn any instrument pretty easily after learning to play the piano and to read music from age 8 to 16 years old.

I would say writing lyrics to songs I wrote in my teens and 20s also led to me starting to write longer stories and things over time. However, I preferred to write things that were plausible not fiction always too. So, like Asimov and Heinlein if I wrote science fiction it was based upon real theoretical science.

However, then I found my own writing style and I found myself writing completely factual things in a legendary way that worked for me as a style or writing.

I found writing in this way uplifting and often this uplifted others as well.

By God's Grace

No comments: