Saturday, March 11, 2017

"We Live for This!"

My wife and I were talking to a couple in their late 20s or early 30s who had strapped on skins to their mountaineering skis for skiing up a peak near Castle Lake which presently has 6 to 10 feet of snow surrounding the parking lot which is well plowed now. I walked my wife up to a foot snow cornice (because she has a full knee replacement so she could see the lake (you have to climb up on top of the snow to see the lake because there is so much snow there now.

The boyfriend or husband said, "We live for this!" which is exactly what I would have said when I lived up here in my 20s and 30s. People say I look much younger than my age 68. And this I believe is partly because I loved skiing winters and swimming and kayaking across Castle lake in summers and skiing across Castle lake on the ice and snow in the late 1970s, 1980s and into the early 1990s until 1992 when I moved away for the last time with my family.

The thing is that making a living in Shasta so far away from a big city is pretty hard or right nigh impossible for most people although if you have an online job you can do anywhere there is wifi on earth this would be one good place to do it.

So, maybe one day you can also tell someone "WE Live for this!" or "I live for this!"

Because nothing is like the pure alpine air when there is good snow on the ground to ski off into the wilderness with as far as I am concerned. You are literally on top of the world and walking on frozen water sort of like Jesus walking on the water in the Dead Sea!

You are in God's real church and can have long conversations with God to calm and heal you hearts and bodies, especially this year.

No comments: