begin quote from:CNN.com3 hours agoWhen James Comey released seven pages of written testimony on Wednesday, many in Washington -- and beyond -- went searching for precedent, analysis or context. James Gagliano was looking for a shower.
- Jun 06, 2017 · 'I literally wanted to rinse myself off,' ex-FBI agent says of Comey statement. By Jason Kurtz, CNN. ... Fmr FBI on Comey testimony: Wanted to rinse off 04:28
- "I read this and I literally wanted to rinse myself off afterwards," said the former FBI ... "Can you expand on your sentence you felt like you had to rinse off?"
'I literally wanted to rinse myself off,' ex-FBI agent says of Comey statement(CNN)When James Comey released seven pages of written testimony on Wednesday, many in Washington -- and beyond -- went searching for precedent, analysis or context. James Gagliano was looking for a shower."I read this and I literally wanted to rinse myself off afterwards," said the former FBI agent. "I felt completely disgusted.""Can you expand on your sentence you felt like you had to rinse off?" requested Gergen, a White House adviser to four presidents."The vision of a small table in the Green Room with the President and the FBI director seated there having a quiet lunch in a cavernous room, with two Navy stewards waiting on them, and Director Comey feeling uncomfortable, awkward, knowing that they shouldn't be having that ... meeting," Gagliano rattled off, describing the scene, as detailed in Comey's statement, that had left him feeling icky.For Gagliano, the collection of awkward exchanges between the President and the former head of the FBI dates back to a fateful moment in January at a White House ceremony."Beginning with that first awkward handshake that we saw on camera when Director Comey and the President met and ... it started out as a handshake, turned into kind of a half hug," Gagliano said. "You could tell -- it was palpable -- how uncomfortable Director Comey was."As the political world looks ahead to Thursday's formal testimony, an event being billed as politics' version of the Super Bowl, Gagliano said he was reminded of a D.C. power struggle that seems to have tilted in favor of the Oval Office."For 48 years ... FBI Director (J. Edgar) Hoover pulled puppet strings, and had presidents on their heels," he said. "We now have a President that was attempting to put an FBI director on his heels."
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Help:Wiki markup language
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Sunday September 24th 2017: most read articles of the last 24 hours here at this site
- On the first timeline: You and I are presently on the 2nd which began Sept. 11th 2001
- Considering two people died in ICU in a hospital in Puerto Rico this week when they ran out of diesel:
- Short on staff: Nursing crisis strains U.S. hospitals
- Programming languages are a shorthand so programmers don't have to program in Machine language