Each generation often believes it can do anything, solve any problem, fix the world, make everything right.
And to some degree every generation is right in this.
Older generations having been beaten down by the conditions of life and mental and physical health sometimes tells younger generations that they cannot do what they think they can.
But, newer generations don't believe them and often succeed where others failed because failure is not something they believe in.
This is true of every new generation that they don't listen to their forebears and then they succeed at something no one thought possible.
In 1903 it was the Wright Brothers flying at Kitty Hawk in a heavier than air airplane with a relatively heavy motor pulling it. It was the electric light bulb which Edison kept trying literally thousands of different filiments until he got one that worked. It was inventing the phonograph the telephone, and Enrico Fermi's radio. All these things revolutionized life on earth in many ways. Then come forward to Computers, then Gates and Steve Jobs and all the others then the Internet which we are still figuring out how to make it safe enough so it doesn't destroy all life on earth indirectly.
And on and on and on and on.
So, younger people look at the impossible and make the impossible possible because some of them just won't give up no matter what.
But, in some ways this success is a fluke because for every one that succeeds in this way maybe 100 don't.
So, everyone doesn't succeed but the truth is people learn a whole lot more from their failures than they ever do from their successes in life.
So, I guess the trick is learning to pick yourself up from your failures and figuring out a way forward that you can live with.
This appears to be the trick in life right there.
Either pick yourself up from your failures and succeed or figure out a way to live with yourself anyhow.
Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- Help:Wiki markup language
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- HTML is a computer language: HTTP is a Protocol which computer Internet languages like HTML operate within
- Russia and Brazil Hit Hardest in Sovereign Risk Ratings...
- Sunday September 24th 2017: most read articles of the last 24 hours here at this site
- On the first timeline: You and I are presently on the 2nd which began Sept. 11th 2001
- Considering two people died in ICU in a hospital in Puerto Rico this week when they ran out of diesel:
- Programming languages are a shorthand so programmers don't have to program in Machine language
- These countries want to ditch gas and diesel cars