1 in 10 schools dropout factories.
When I was taking a college course in Logic in 1990 the professor was speaking about how illogical the school system was in America. He was talking about how more and more schools were more like reformatories and baby sitting services and were just keeping kids off the streets to prevent mischief and crime. In this Yahoo article it notes the percentage is now 1 school in 10 in public schools that are definitely in this category. My personal view is that it is better to home school or go on independent study or whatever a parent or guardian can do rather than put up with a failing school. Failing schools just tend to get worse. If your child is in a failing school, find a different way to educate the child. Home School. Charter School. Church School. The child's future is what is important. School failures are systemic and it is better to save your children from ineffective schools because a failing school is unlikely to change because of bureaucracies in place. In the present system the schools needs outweigh your child's need for a good future and a good education.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- 2011 Japan earthquake and tsunami - Wikipedia: 6 years and 1 month ago: 15,894 deaths over 8,000 injured or missing
- 2014 Russian military intervention in Ukraine
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Some Democrats Push for Permanent Expansion of Unemployment Benefits
- (no title)
- 2014–15 Russian military intervention in Ukraine
- Portland, even though it is also called "Portlandia" like the TV Series is also the "Whitest City in the U.S." of large cities
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265