Disaster Capitalism Economics. I just read about this last night. I suppose I have known that there have always been people willing to profit from other peoples suffering. I suppose it could even be said that American colonists profited from the sufferings of the native Americans who died from smallpox and wars starting in the 1600's. However, though some may profit from such ventures I prefer to live with my conscience and move in other ways. I put the article I read on the subject here for whoever is interested in studying about this. I plan to read this book if only to better understand how those without a conscience are profiting from the suffering of others.
Unfortunately, it appears that there is more money behind Disaster Capitalism Economics than there is presently working for humanitarian causes on earth. So what is the end result? Left unchecked my guess is that the human race and most life on this planet might go extinct within 100 to 1000 years because of these and other factors. Here is the article I read and the book it introduces.
When I tried to use the link above I failed because they archive their articles. So here is the book name and author instead. "The Shock Doctrine: The Rise of Disaster Capitalism" by Naomi Klein who is an investigative reporter. On the back cover of the book this quote by John Le Carre begin quote regarding book "Impassioned, hugely informative, wonderfully controversial, and scary as hell." I think I would agree with all these assessments. Though there have always been people who created crises down through the centuries, I don't know if it has ever been done on the scale of today worldwide. I would say as a psychic that there is no living thing on earth that is not suffering in some way known or unknown to them caused directly or indirectly by disaster capitalism now and/or in the past.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- how do you change batteries on a black diamond headlamp?
- US Credit Cards With Smart Chip Technology
- Kurzweil Graph of exponential growth of computing
- more on the Planet Savers and Elohar: the girl in the forest
- Amnesiac medications
- part of "Mahasiddha" from dragonofcompassion.com
- What is "Carry Water Chop Wood" all about?
- Are Xanax and Valium and other similar drugs the next opioid Crisis? Yes, it's already here.