Eat Pray Love. I started reading the first few pages of this book at Amazon.com. However, I was immediately mesmerized by her truthful, humorous, self deprecating style of writing that I would almost call Zen like in its style. Though I'm still in the beginning chapters I find it a very empowering powering book for young women of all ages. I have not read any book in the last 3 or 4 years that I felt was more important in the realm of self discovery and self realization in a very truthful context than this book. Elizabeth Gilbert's writing style is the envy of any writers I know. Though men might want to shy away from this book, remember if you want to keep your girlfriend, wife, lover etc. it would behoove you to read this book to better understand your significant other as well as what is meaningful to the human race in general including yourselves, men.
In Tibetan Buddhism there is a concept I love. It is called right mindful compassionate thought. In other words "What is the most intelligent useful pragmatic way to help people in a compassionate way the most efficient way possible?" I believe this book is an excellent example of this kind of thinking.
Top 10 Posts This Month
- The ultra-lethal drones of the future | New York Post 2014 article
- reprint of: Drones very small to large
- Cancer rates 1900 to 2000 and beyond
- Before and after photos show how wildfire reduced Paradise, California, to ashes
- Now What?
- Apec summit ends without statement over US-China division
- Chuck Lorre Productions #264 and #265
- IF I understand the previous article sufficiently:
- Sissy Spacek - Wikipedia
- Pearl Harbor sailor comes home for burial -- 77 years after he died