Monday, February 18, 2008

The Burning Bush

The Burning Bush. Last night I was watching Prince of Egypt, a cartoon on the life of Moses by Steven Spielberg. As usual when it came time for the burning bush I was extremely moved because my experience of it on Mt. Shasta in 1970 was just like it is depicted in Prince of Egypt. So whenever I watch it I am likely moved to tears from the experience at that point.

It was between 3am and 4 am on my way up from Horse Camp Lodge to Lake Helen. I saw a light and thought a fellow mountain climber was holding a lantern. So I walked nearer but it wasn't a person. In fact it wasn't anything that I had heard of or seen before. The only description I have found is how the burning bush is described. I have tried to describe it many times to people over the years and probably the clearest description is "what it looked like when people in Star Trek used their transporter from the ground to the ship(only it just stayed there lit like that for a long long time).

I telepathed with it and what I thought it said was "I am not here for you. You can only stay a short time with me or you will be harmed by being so close to me." So I stayed mesmerized by the experience until it said, "You must go now. Any more time with me won't be good for you."

However, today after I skied from Bunny Flats to 7 mile curve on Everitt Memorial Highway on Mt. Shasta, my wife who is very intuitive started asking me questions which brought up from my subconscious clarifications of many things and many experiences with a clarity that I did not understand as fully before.

Among them was that I realized what this God Presence"The Burning Bush" had been saying was, "I am not here for you alone" This has a completely different connotation than I received at age 22. What I see now was that it was empowering me not only for me but for all the beings I would contact throughout my life in any way. God was coming through to change all the lives I became aware of in any way.

I had two experiences with God in 1970. Both profoundly changed my life in such a way that I no longer even saw myself as the same person anymore. It wasn't that the universe had changed but being around God made me see the universe more like God does all the time. And that wasn't like anything I had ever been taught anywhere in my life growing up.

Many wise men and women have said down through the centuries, "You don't really get to know God by reading about him or even talking about him but only really through experiencing God." This is my experience too. Experiencing God kills who you were before as that person can't survive being around God. So then you become a conscious child of God in earnest and start to think and feel the way God does because that is what God wants.

However, my experience wasn't this easy. My experiences remind me in some ways like the suffering of the prophets trying to get it right for God.

After experiencing the burning Bush I noticed that night as I continued to climb Mt. Shasta to the top as that was what the plan was the day before. I told the other three young guys I was climbing with who later caught up to me that I had had a very profound mystical experience and was going to climb at my own pace to try to absorb what had happened to me. They understood as I knew them from the church I had been raised in. So I climbed to the top of Mt. Shasta after seeing and communicating with the Burning Bush on Mt. Shasta.

As the weeks and months passed I noticed all my spiritual gifts started muliplying. I didn't know what to do about this. Finally, I started to realized that the holy spirit was growing exponentially in my body. I could track all these things back to the Burning Bush. However, this time I started to become afraid because my arms started feeling all the time like they were on fire. It was very painful almost like I was holding my arms over the gas burners on a stove. I intuitively knew the next step would be that my body would catch on fire unless I figured out what to do. I finally prayed to God to not burn me alive and kill me. Within one week of this prayer the burning stopped and everything settled down. I realized that this was what was supposed to happen, the holy spirit was going to increase in power until I begged it to stop because I was going to die from the extreme increase in vibration. After this though I was pretty shaken up by this experience I began to notice that whatever I asked God for powerfully I would be given. Since this scared me (terrified me!) because after all I'm just a human being who had seen and experienced God twice the same year 1970 I vowed to myself that I would only ask God for things in relative emergencies.

The reason for this is every time I asked God for something all aspects of my life changed including most of the people in it and where I lived jobs etc. every time I asked God for something. I found this disorienting for everything in my life to change except for my parents and a few close friends so I became very careful what I asked God for after that.

Though it is similar to an old saying how I wrote about this is:

"Be careful what you desire
you may get it"

The old saying is: Be careful what you wish for.

However, the way the universe operates in actuality I think what I wrote is more useful.

As I grew older and wiser if I found myself desiring something that wouldn't likely create a good outcome I learned to change my attention away from that desire to something more useful and good for myself and everyone else. This works.

note:Added March 6th 2008. quote from the book "Supernatural California" by Preston Dennett on the upper right of page 29 in box begin quote:"In 1932 Los Angeles reporter Edward Lanser(Lancer) was assigned to do a story on the legendary Lemurians of Mount Shasta. Lanser had heard the many accounts and wanted to investigate first hand. he climbed up into the foothills of the mountains where many of the reports had originated. To his amazement, he actually saw unexplained bright lights flashing in the wilderness. He returned for several evenings and was amazed to see more of the mysterious lights. He asked several local residents and was told that an advanced race of bings actually live under the mountain. They told him hat the Lemurians had supernatural powers. They were able to blend into the scenery and remain undetected. They told him that in the early 1930s a forest fire on Mt. Shasta was mysteriously extinguished by unknown forces. Also, they believed that nobody is able to penetrate into the mountain without being invited." endquote.

Because the above quote is from the 1930s it may be less credible to you. However, I experienced what I experienced and if it had been you, you would have no other choice but to feel strengthened by reading this just like I do.

No comments: